Important Meeting for All Vendors
We need to Make our views known or the City Market may suffer unreasonable changes as the developer deviates from the original proposal to build a permanent home for the Charlottesville City Market.
West 2nd Development Meeting
City Market RFP Response Volume 1
Feasibility Report - Charlottesville Market District v3
For many years the Charlottesville City Market has operated from 7AM till Noon Saturdays throughout the growing season – something has happened to suggest a time change to 8am till 1pm. Most farmers didn’t seem to take much notice, but some felt it was a really bad idea.
- Produce is best early – too much heat after 11:00 even – heaven forbid till 1:00pm- and then it goes into a hot customer car?
- Customers will still show at a 6am trying to buy early and interrupt setup
- Setup traffic will be worse – as early in the morning as possible is best with road blockage etc
- Later the almighty downtown customers will be trying to park – during pack up and break down running over cords etc
- Later will create more conflict with downtown lunch businesses
- Nobody can leave early – so many farm vendors might find themselves stuck till later than they want to be there.
Perhaps you should let staff know how you feel about this: