Did you know that you can use your EBT (SNAP) or debit card to make purchases at the City Market? It’s easy!
- Stop by the Market Central booth, and swipe your card
- Receive the dollar amount that you designate in wooden market tokens to spend at the market
For DEBIT card users:
- Swipe your card for the desired amount in $5 increments (we’ll add a one dollar convenience fee to cover the bank fees and administrative costs)
- Receive $5 tokens to spend like cash throughout the market
- Change can be given for these tokens
- Tokens are good throughout the season
For SNAP/E.B.T. card users:
- SNAP beneficiaries (formerly Food Stamps) can swipe their card at the booth, and get $1 tokens to spend on qualifying food purchases at the market
- When you get SNAP tokens, you’ll also receive a matching dollar amount in double voucher coupons to spend along with the tokens, up to $10 (the coupons are possible through grant from the Wholesome Wave Foundation)
- Vendors are not allowed to give change for SNAP tokens.
Want to give a market gift certificate? We’ve got them at our table – just stop by for details!
Have more questions or want to get started accepting tokens as a vendor? Email Kelly, our SNAP/Debit Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org